Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless devices keep disconnecting from Lightweight APs

neil_titchener
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have several Lightweight APs (AIR-LAP1242G-A-K9) runing of a single WLC.  We keep getting devices, sometimes all devices, losing network signal.  The WLC is running a global power setup so all APs have their power set automatically.  The setting for power parameters are default.  I have noticed when I run a client test the APs run at 11Mbps while the client devices run at 50-54Mbps.  The protocol used by both devices is 802.1G.

These network drop offs are frequent and I should say may well be an issue with the client devices although there are several different types of devices experiencing this issue.  My question is should the TX and RX rates be the same?  Is it ok to have this disparity in the TX/Rx values?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Neil,

Thanks for the reply. Code 5.x has been very very problemmatic. If you called TAC, I would bet they would tell you to update off 5.x to 7.x.

If it were me, I wouldnt bother troubleshooting this till you update due to the 5.x bugs.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Neil,

Its rather hard to say without more info. A few more questions..

How code are you on

What type of cleints

What security are you using

Did you have a survey done

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi George,

The WLC is running code 5.2.193.0.  The APs are running Boot version 12.4.13.0, IOS version 12.4(18a)JA2, mini IOS version 3.0.51.0

There are a variety of devices, some large machines and some handheld touchpads.  I don't have the details at present on the wireless adaptors but I will find out.

We use WPA/WPA2 with PSK

All sites were surveyed during the initial deployment.  We are having this same issue across almost all sites and there are 100 plus sites.

Neil,

Thanks for the reply. Code 5.x has been very very problemmatic. If you called TAC, I would bet they would tell you to update off 5.x to 7.x.

If it were me, I wouldnt bother troubleshooting this till you update due to the 5.x bugs.

Ditto!

Thanks for your help guys.  I'll do a little research and look into upgrading our 137 sites. That'll be fun!!!

Thanks for information.  Can any of you point me to any known bugs for this code?

Thanks again

Here is the link to the release notes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/prod_release_notes_list.html