Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless Environment Comparsion

I have a question, I'm pretty familar with 802.11B Networks, I however am slightly confused when seeking to develop an IP Oriented solution for a Carrier Company we're working with. They seek utilization of Mobile IP within the following context.

They are leveraging both Cellular Mobile Communications and RF Communications for Increase Bandwidth (CDPD vs. New 1XRTT Transport Technologies ) and Standard Motorola RF. Here's the challenge we want to maintain IP Connectivity accross multiple wireless transport mediums with util;izing Mobile IP obviously, so my question centers on what we must develop to meet the carrier needs: Slight Confusion as to which Cisco Solution Covers What

I'm aware of Cisco Leveraging a GGSN's and SSGN's as a way to deliver IP Connectivity to a CDMA Based Network Utilizing (CDPD / GSM / 1XRTT ) with with an MWR 1900 within the Base Station. My confusion comes from trying to determine whether the RF Network can also be IP Enabled, and If so which Solution Provides the answer amoung the various Cisco Products.

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Wireless Environment Comparsion

Neal,

I do not think that in a forum like this we will be able to provide you a full answer. I recommend that you contact your Cisco account team as they will be able to work through all of the details to your design and fill the requirements of your customer.

A few things for you to look into and ask your account team.

The CDMA2000 1x RTT gateway is the PDSN this gateway is very similar to the GPRS gateway

The MWR 1900 is designed for an IPRAN network design and may or may not fall into what you have describe but your account team can help you with that

The Cisco MAR3200 is a mobile router that is designed to route between various radio access methods such as CDMA or GSM or WLAN etc. It will also do mobile IP.

Cisco has an extensive solution range for both the access gateways and back end services such as service selection authentication accounting and billing.

What you are asking for can be done using Cisco products but, it is a complex network design so please contact your account team for full details.

I am sorry I could not answer your question 100% but hope I have given you enough leads to get the design sorted

David

Re: Wireless Environment Comparsion

Hi Derwin,

Can you pls see my query in Wireless/General regarding PDSN Subscriber-to-subscriber comm and reply.

Thanks,

nitinmathur

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content