cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless in harsh mfg. enviroment

jwsmock
Level 1
Level 1

I am researching and testing Cisco Aironet 350 equipment in a manufacturing plant. We make metal parts for large buildings (Walmarts, warehouses, etc.). We have lots of LARGE equipment that bends and cuts metal pieces. Also, we have several overhead cranes which can cause interference. We have had good test performance so far, but I am looking for other companies that have used this type of equipment in harsh manufacturing enviroments.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

jhelm
Level 1
Level 1

We have surveyed, designed and installed wireless networks in many industrial environments that includes metal fabrication plants with great success. Overall the Cisco Aironet hardware has shown great performance and adaptability in the almost eight years we've been installing it and I think you will find this to be true once it is properly placed at your facility.

There are some issues to be aware of such as higher instances of multipath mitigation or possible sources of EMI from the machinery, these are discovered during the course of a thorough site survey and then adapted to with various equipment configurations in both hardware and menu configs.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card