Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless Intermittent Problems

We recently setup a wireless network in our warehouse using all Cisco 350 Access Points and for the most part, it works fine but intermittently, maybe once a day, but not every day, for anywhere from an hour to 2 hours, mostly in the morning, it just comes to a complete crawl. Most people that are already signed in can work but it's really slow but others who try to login pretty much can't. Then all of a sudden, it works fine. We have like 40 AP's throughout the building going into Cisco switches. I can't see it being a problem with interference in the warehouse because I have a test AP going into a separate switch in the office and a pc a couple of feet away and when they have the problem, that goes slow too. Could outside interference in the area cause these types of problems. We are pretty close to an airport but that's still about a mile away so I can't see that being an issue. We just set it up and aren't even doing and encryption yet because I'm afraid that might make it worse. Any ideas? Thanks, Joe

1 REPLY

Re: Wireless Intermittent Problems

How many clients are connecting per AP? Is the ethernet set for 10 meg or 100? We had an issue once were people were ghosting PC's on the same subnet as the AP's and brought the RF to it's knees. Do you see errors in the AP logs?

Views
Helpful
Replies