Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless link(bridge) between two ap 1300

Hello, i need to configure wireless link between my 1300 series, how can i use them like a bridge and access point in the same time?

Do i need static ip for BVI interfacess between them for bridge or its need to be DHCP, is there any example? i would be great to know that

thank you

Untitled.png

5 Replies 5

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Kamran,

Here is a config example:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008058f53e.shtml

and as an answer to your clients quetsoin, yes it is possible to make clients to connect to your bridge:

''snip''

If you want to configure the wireless bridge for root bridge/non-root bridge mode and you have wireless clients that are associated to the wireless bridge, you need to choose either

Root Bridge with Wireless Clients

or

Non-Root Bridge with Wireless Clients

for the Role in Radio Network parameter. In this way, the wireless bridge functions as a root/non-root bridge and also accepts wireless client associations.

''snip''

Reference: Same above link.

Hope this is useful

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

maldehne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is a simple config example

Root                                                                           Non-Root

R(config)#dot11 ssid test                             n-R(config)#dot11 ssid test

#authentication open                    n-R(config)#authentication open

#infrastructure-ssid                       n-R(config)#infrastructure-ssid

#exit                                                                  #exit

R(config)#int d0                                          n-R(config)#int d0

# ssid test                                                  #ssid test

#statio-role root bridge wireless-client          #station-role non-root bridge wireless-client

#no shut                                                   #no shut

For BVI interfaces you can assign either static or dynamic IP address

But it is highly recommended to have static ip for better management.

Maidehne,

I made it all before, but the problem now is, that on my non-root bridge Dot11Radio 0 interface in reset mode

and only one error was appeared that

DOT11-CANNASSOCIATE:no response

why interface is in reset

Here is a useful link: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4638

You need to:

- Make sure your root and non-root bridge hear each other.

- Make sure configuration is the same for SSID's name, authenticatoin and encryption.

If you can paste us config in both root bridges that will be good to check config for you.

Greetings,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Interface in Reset means that it is searching ( scanning ) for a channel to assume on the radio interface.

On non-root it should hear the SSID being broadcasted from the root on the channel at which the root is operational.

Try the following:

Bring the root next to the non-root and see if it works

make sure that you have clear line of site

Also make sure that the channel configured under the radio interface on the root side is not congested or noisy at the non-root side. You can use the carrier busy test to verify that.

Regards

---------------------------------------------

Please Don't forget to rate correct answers

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card