Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless Link Up and Down

Hi anyone, I have the following configurations and scenerio;

My HQ office is using a 2610 with two ethernet ports (10 BASET Half-Duplex);

eth0/0 - 210.188.31.84

eth0/1 - 210.188.6.1 - Internal LAN

From eth0/0, it's connected to the ethernet port of the Aironet Bridge 350 with ip address - 210.188.31.57. From this bridge, its disc shoots to another building with the root bridge of ip address 210.188.31.56. From there, it shoots back to our local ISP with gateway 210.188.31.5 for Internet Access.

The above configurations had been adopted for about 10 months, so fa so good but then since recently these two weeks, problems occur - the link to Internet (up to 210.188.31.5) up and down.

From my Internal LAN here, I can ping up to 210.188.31.57 (constantly NO timeout),but we I ping to 210.188.31.56, the link will up for about 2 minutes and then down for 20 secs and up again by itself.

I had been trying to change the Aironet bridge at both sides (210.188.31.56 & 210.188.31.57), the same thing happens.

The Line of Sight is no problem as I can have about 80% signal strength from my Radio unit link test.

Please suggest any solutions to fix these problems.

Thank You.

2 REPLIES

Re: Wireless Link Up and Down

I once had a problem like that after almost a year working OK suddenly the link would not work between 9 AM and 6 PM, then it would work OK all night.

I used the carrier test and found that the channel I was using was occupied by something. I then changed to another channel but that was not enough I had to change the root bridge to repeater mode and the repeater bridge to root mode.

Cisco Employee

Re: Wireless Link Up and Down

Hi , You may want to switch to anothr channel and see if links becomes steady

Link Test Utility will help you to determine which channel is less noisy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content