cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless losing connection to wired network and lan

stoltenbergj
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that has an 871W ISR. They are using WEP encryption and a mix of b and g cards. Recently they have started losing connection to all of their wired network resources and the wan, but they don't lose association with the 871W itself. They show excellent signal strangth and keep their IPs. A reboot of the router immediately fixes the problem. There seems to be no pattern or common event that triggers any of this. Anyone else seen this problem before? It started happening after I did a sh tech and the router locked up halfway through it, so I had to reboot. I've reloaded the image thinking that may fix the problem and it has not.

1 Reply 1

fmeetz
Level 4
Level 4

You can clear the interface statistics on the Detailed Status tab, and let traffic run for a time, then refresh the statistics. The ratio of errors to good packets sent and received should be better than it was prior to the test.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card