cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Problem

utawakevou
Level 4
Level 4

I got a friend who install a Cisco 350 Series Version 11.21 at his HQ and use a Cisco WGB 350 v8.80 on another building which link to his HQ Office.

He is using DHCP and on the remote building he can only connect up to 8 PC only. Whenever he wants to connect more than 8, he will have to kick out one.

The Cisco 350 series at HQ is set as the Root bridge and I found out that the WGB 350 v8.80 is setup as a Repeater.

can somebody give me some more info so that I can help this guy out

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Spot on if he wants more than 8 clients on the remote end he needs a PAIR of Bridges part number AIR-BR350 (802.11b) or AIR-BR1410A (802.11a)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

derwin
Level 5
Level 5

Work Group bridge will only support 8 clients on the ethernet side

Work Group bridge can not perform the role of a repeater.

Overview

The Cisco Aironet Workgroup Bridge (hereafter referred to as the bridge) is a small, stand-alone unit that provides a wireless infrastructure connection for Ethernet-enabled devices. Figure 1 on page 1-5 shows a typical network configuration. A device connected to a bridge communicates with a network infrastructure through a Cisco Aironet Access Point (hereafter referred to as an access point). The bridge connects to a device through a standard Ethernet port using a 10BASE-T/RJ-45 (twisted pair) connector. The bridge provides wireless LAN connections for up to eight devices connected to a hub through an Ethernet cable

Extract taken from here

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/350wgb/350scg/wgb_ch01.htm

Thank you very much for your informative post. I get it now. So that mean if my friend wants to increase the number of clients, he has to employ a different bridge - Access Bridge ?

Spot on if he wants more than 8 clients on the remote end he needs a PAIR of Bridges part number AIR-BR350 (802.11b) or AIR-BR1410A (802.11a)

Thanks. This will be the answer Im looking for

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card