Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Products

mohammed-amjad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please find the below attachment and give me the best solution to cover indoor and outdoor wireless signal.  The area has covered Villas with concrete walls and the area dimension is 200/100mtrs.  Please can anyone tell me is there any single antenna to covered all this indoor/outdoor area?  Should i need to go for multi access point if yes how many and which product?

Thanks,

31 Replies 31

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The attachment is detailed but there are alot of questions.

1.  How high are the ceilings?

2.  What are the ceilings made of?

3.  How thick are these concrete walls?  Are these hallowed-blocks or pre-fabricated concrete?

4.  What do you want?  Do you want "wall to wall" wireless?

5.  How do you plan to bring the network to your WAPs?

If you want this done right, you need to get a network integrator here.  I'm suspecting you'll need a number of PoE switches in these buildings to cater for a small "cluster" of WAPs and the switches go back to your main core via fibre optic.

6.  Is the location near salt water?

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response and please find below the answers.

1. How high are the ceilings?

Ans: The ceilings are about 3 mtrs height.

2. What are the ceilings made of?

Ans: The ceilings made of Concrete.

3. How thick are these concrete walls? Are these hallowed-blocks or pre-fabricated concrete?

Ans: The walls thickness is 9-14 inches and about the blocks I am not sure.

4. What do you want? Do you want "wall to wall" wireless?

Ans: I need to 2 solutions 1. One Access Point and Antenna to cover all the area for indoor and outdoor for DSL Internet. 2. Multi Access Points and Antennas to cover the whole area.

5. How do you plan to bring the network to your WAPs?

Ans: I have not planned yet.

6. Is the location near salt water?

Ans: No the location is not near salt water.

Thanks,

Not easy solution.

I would recommend you think about answering #5 before we start choosing what APs you need and how many.  You get this nailed and the rest will follow very, very quickly. 

Hi,

Please find the above attachment of wireless which I designed. Please have a look on it and give me your comments on this

1. I have selected the 6 Access Points AIR-AP1252-AG-I-K9 (Saudi Arabia)

2. I have selected for 4 Access Points Antennas – AIR-ANT2422DW-R 3 port antennas (Dipole)

3. I have selected for 2 Access Points Antennas – AOR-ANT2450S-R 1 port antennas (Sector)

Thanks,

1.  End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Aironet 1250 Series Access Points

2.  You still have not answered the most vital question:  How do you plan to link the WAPs to the network?

3.  You're wasting your money on the antenna.

You need to answer question number 2 otherwise the solution will compose of about 4 options and this forum would not be the right place for this.

Hi,

Thanks for your support,

1. I will configure One Route and remaining will be repeater for the internet connection.

2. Which antenna and access point u will prefer for this scenario?

Thanks,

Ok, so you want to connect your WAPs using radios.  The best method is called wireless point-to-point bridge.

Wireless Bridges Point-to-Point Link Configuration Example

I recommend using 802.11b as your backhaul while using your 802.11a to service the clients.

Instead of 1252, use the 1262.

Cisco Aironet 1260 Series Access Point

Supported Antennas for the 1260

Thank you very much for your reply. Can I use AIR-AP1262N-x-K9 - Dual-band Standalone 802.11 a/g/n to support a/g/n for this and antenna is AIR-ANT2422DW-R= and AIR-ANT2460NP-R can I use in my scenario

Can I use AIR-AP1262N-x-K9 - Dual-band Standalone 802.11 a/g/n to support a/g/n for this and antenna is AIR-ANT2422DW-R= and AIR-ANT2460NP-R can I use in my scenario

Why do you want to use BOTH AIR-ANT2422DW-R= and AIR-ANT2460NP-R?

2460NP-R is a 2.4Ghz patch antenna (that's fine).  2422 a 2.4 Ghz articulated antenna (aka rubber duck).  Where's your 5.0 Ghz antenna?

The dipole antenna for indoor and patch antenna for outdoor

The dipole antenna for indoor and patch antenna for outdoor

Uh-oh.  This is not going down correctly.

I kept harrassing you about HOW are you going to link the WAPs back to the network.  You mentioned "repeater" so I will presume that you want to link the WAPs back to the network via radio link.  If this is the case, then the correct term is point-to-point wireless bridge (link to configuration guide attached).

Ok, problem 1 solved.  We can now continue.

If this is the way you wish it to go, then I recommend you use the 2.4Ghz radio to be your backhaul or your wireless link back to the network.  The reason to this sanity is because 2.4Ghz is well-known to have a long range and high penetration capability.  This is well suited as your backhaul link.

Now this leaves you another radio, the 5.0Ghz, to be used to service your WiFi network.

Ok, problem 2 solved.

Next is your antenna.  You've choosen 1260.  No issue there.  Now you have choosen TWO types of antenna.  Unfortunately, both are for the 2.4Ghz antenna.  One is a patch antenna with three RP-TNC connectors and the other one is an articulated "rubber duck".  Let me just say that you CANNOT install a 2.4Ghz antenna into the 5.0Ghz radio.  It won't work.

So my question to you is this:  What antenna are you going to choose for your 5.0 Ghz?

Hi,

Well I need 2ghz only because to access 5ghz wireless I have to upgrade my whole network cards to support 5ghz so I don’t want to change my existing network cards just I want to use 2ghz only so just give me solution for 2GHZ only.

Thanks,

Ok.  I get it you want to use the 2.4Ghz to service your wireless client.  If this is the case, then we can use the 5.0Ghz radio to backhaul.  So pick a wall-mounted patch antenna.

Hi Sir,

So can I use AIR-AP1262N-x-K9 - Dual-band Standalone 802.11 Access Point and Dipole antenna AIR-ANT2422DW-R= for Indoor Wireless and AIR-ANT2460NP-R Patch Antenna for Outdoor/Indoor Wireless? Please I need your suggestions on this to support 2GHZ only I will keep 5ghz radio to backhaul.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card