Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Products

mohammed-amjad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please find the below attachment and give me the best solution to cover indoor and outdoor wireless signal.  The area has covered Villas with concrete walls and the area dimension is 200/100mtrs.  Please can anyone tell me is there any single antenna to covered all this indoor/outdoor area?  Should i need to go for multi access point if yes how many and which product?

Thanks,

31 Replies 31

So can I use AIR-AP1262N-x-K9 - Dual-band Standalone 802.11 Access Point and Dipole antenna AIR-ANT2422DW-R= for Indoor Wireless and AIR-ANT2460NP-R Patch Antenna for Outdoor/Indoor Wireless? 

It still won't work.

Both of your antennas are for 2.4Ghz.  You have to choose a 5.0 Ghz (patched) antenna for 5.0Ghz radio which will be used as your backhaul to your network.

I need 2.4ghz only I don’t need 5ghz for 5ghz I cannot upgrade my whole network computers network card to support 5ghz. I need the solution for 2ghz and in future I will use 5ghz.

Thanks,

need 2.4ghz only I don’t need 5ghz for 5ghz I cannot upgrade my whole network computers network card to support 5ghz.

Ok, ok, ok ... Maybe I am mis-understanding something here.  Let's start over again.

1.  In your design, you mentioned that you want to use radio to link the WAPs back to your network.

2.  In your design, you also mentioned that you want use radio to provide wi-fi services to your clients.

If both cases are true, can you answer this:

Given your WAP has 2.4Ghz and 5.0 Ghz

a.  which of the two will radios will you use to provide a link to your network?

b.  which of the two radios will you use to provide wi-fi services to your client?

Hi,

a. which of the two will radios will you use to provide a link to your network?

Ans: I need your suggestions on this to provide a link to my network which radios should I use.

b. which of the two radios will you use to provide wi-fi services to your client?

Ans: 2.4ghz radios I will use to provide wi-fi services to my clients. In future may be I will shift 5ghz.

Thanks for your suggestions,

a.     which of the two will radios will you use to provide a link to your network?

Ans:  I need your suggestions on this to provide a link to my network which radios should I use.

Hoooo no.  You are not throwing this question back at me.  You are the owner of the network, therefore, YOU have to make the decision.  I make suggestions/recommendations based on your decision.

Your answer to question "b" is like a "which comes first, the chicken or the egg". 

In my first post, question #5 your response is radio.  So you need to CHOOSE which of the two radio you will need to 1.  talk to your network; and 2.  to service your client.

You only have TWO options:  2.4 Ghz and 5.0 Ghz.

Let me know how you want to answer this question before we proceed any further. 

Ans:2.4ghz radios I will use

a.     which of the two will radios will you use to provide a link to your network?

Which of the two will radios will you use to provide services to your client?

b. Which of the two will radios will you use to provide services to your client?

Thanks,

b. Which of the two will radios will you use to provide services to your client?

Ok, now that we've got that ironed out.  Your requirement WILL NOT work.

Then please tell me assume that you to configure 1 Route Access Point and another access points are repeater and your clients should access 2.4ghz then what you will suggest in this scenario.

Thanks,

Then please tell me assume that you to configure 1 Route Access Point and another access points are repeater and your clients should access 2.4ghz then what you will suggest in this scenario.

You CANNOT use 2.4Ghz on your APs to do BOTH point-to-point wireless bridge AND service your wi-fi requirements. 

Then what should I use to in my network. Consideration is my clients have 2.4ghz network cards and they don’t want change.

Then what should I use to in my network.  Consideration is my clients have 2.4ghz network cards and they don’t want change.

If you want to use 2.4 Ghz for your clients then that leaves you TWO choices:

1.  You can use 5.0 Ghz to do point-to-point bridge (may not work depending on antenna and distance); or

2.  Link the WAPs to your network using fibre optic or copper.    Due to the distance involve (>100 metres), I'd recommend you have a switch in a central location where a large majority of the WAP will be.  The switch will go back to your network via fibre optic.  All the WAPs will go back to this central switch via copper.  If there are more than 4 WAPs going to this switch, consider getting a PoE switch.

If #2 is your option, then you can choose either 1040 or 1140 WAP than the more expensive option of 1260 plus antenna.

Hi,

Can I use antenna is AIR-ANT2422DW-R= (2.4ghz) for the Wireless Clients and AIR-ANT5160-NP-R= (5ghz) for Router and Repeater to AIR-AP1262N-x-K9 - Dual-band Standalone 802.11 a/g/n to support a/g/n Access Point? And both antennas can use in one access point 1 for backhaul and another for 2.4ghz clients?

Thanks,

Can I use antenna is AIR-ANT2422DW-R= (2.4ghz) for the Wireless Clients and AIR-ANT5160-NP-R= (5ghz) for Router and Repeater to AIR-AP1262N-x-K9 - Dual-band Standalone 802.11 a/g/n to support a/g/n Access Point?

Yes

And both antennas can use in one access point 1 for backhaul and another for 2.4ghz clients?

NO!  5.0 Ghz will NOT talk to 2.4Ghz. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card