cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless RF Site Survey Tools: Do you have a preference?

dsmulvey
Level 1
Level 1

Our customers are asking us with greater frequency to work with them on deploying high performance wireless networks that are secure, reliable and support end-to-end QOS. We recognize to do that professionally requires great site survey RF tools.

We are considering AirMagnet's "Survey Pro" with their integrated "Spectrum Analyzer." We would run them on a Lenovo 802.11abg PC.

However we have seen some discussion on here regarding Cognio's Spectrum Analyzer and we have also found the Exahau "Site Survey" software product will speak with a Fluke 802.11 radio.

We are looking at investing in a tool set for our Wireless practice and we want to ask you what are your favorite site survey and spectrum analyzer tools? Thanks for taking the time to respond!

1 Reply 1

csannedhi
Level 1
Level 1

Apart from all the features Sales folks pitch about from both these companies the intuitiveness (ease of use) and accuracy make a lot of difference.

I would suggest getting trial copies of both of these tools and using them in the field before making a final investment.

Personally I have used AirMagnet Spectrum Analyzer (a separate product) and has been impressed by it. It comes in both laptop as well as handheld formats.

For site surveys I have used Wireless Valley which is also very impressive.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card