Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless software detect wireless client type/brand

Teoh Chee Hin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

anyone know that any software for wireless, which able to detect all type of wifi clients?

in fact, i do have 4-5 autonomous ap, but i dont have any WLSE or WLC, as we only have not more than 100 users

Each user when connecting wifi, they might using android phone, apple phone, nokia, samsung, tablet and etc

Will be WLSE able to detect all kind of clients?

I think WCS also able to do so, right?

Which kind of software or method able to detect all type of client on their bandwidth and so on?

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your trying to detect certain types, then you need something that can profile. Look at the Cisco ISE and see if that does what you want. I dont know it their is a software that Cisco has that can tell you the amount of bandwidth per user.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

any other software or any application? Beside this Cisco ISE, it seemed cost very high!

As my budget only about 1-2k usd, any better suggestion?

In fact, may i know that within AP1262N, and AP1142N, able to detect? As i know only able to see the mac address and the IP, but dont know the client type?

any other suggestion?

I don't know if any other. You will need to research other vendors for profiling software or appliances.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

As per me Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2,  Can do this. Please try this.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The WLC v7.5 will have profiling built-in and Prime 2.0 will be able to collect that data from the WLC's.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card