Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

wireless urgent URGENT

Hi all, I am having a serious problem with my WLC 2000 and 4 AP's, we have about 25 users connected on this site, they all keep getting disconnected for some reason, I have checked on the controller, should the AP's all be using the same channel or different ? please help ASAP

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: wireless urgent URGENT

Can you check the AP neighbours at "Monitor" -> "802.11 b/g radios" - "AP Details" ?

I am not sure about the disconnecting reason, but for APs in same channel question, if all the APs can not see others as neighbours, they can all use the same channel. If they see other APs as neighbours and still use the same channel, something is wrong with auto-RF. Do you use Auto-RF?

Not sure on a controller, but i would attempt to do the equivilant of a "show dot11 association all" and review the SNR.

Have you looked into your ACS server? or anything along those lines

Silver

You will want APs whose RF coverage patterns overlap to be on different channels. If you are in the US, the three non-overlapping channels available are 1, 6, & 11.

Since you have four APs, you obviously will have to use the same channel on two of the APs. If possible, reuse the same channel on two of the APs that are the most distant from any other AP. If the APs are arranged in a square pattern (with an AP at each corner of the square), you may need to reduce the power on the two APs sharing the same channel and let the coverage from the other two APs cover the area where there is same-channel interference.

This is a bit of a generic answer, but might help you a bit.

However, you really need to perform a wireless site survey (or hire a firm to come out and do this for you) in order to determine AP placement, channel and power selection, as well as RF coverage.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content