Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Wireless with Antenna Extender Two Questions....

Just wondering by purchasing the Cisco AIR-ANT2506 Omni-Directional Mast Mount antenna does this send and receive?

Basically I want to hook up the antenna to my wireless router and put the Antenna outside my house to extend the range and so I can access computers roughly 450 feet from my house. At the other house (450 feet away), there would be a PCI Wireless NIC. I'm just wondering if I would need another Access Point + Antenna or would the one antenna work with that network card 450 feet away?

1 REPLY

Re: Wireless with Antenna Extender Two Questions....

You can go that far with two 340 series radios and two 2506 antennas - if there are no obstructions - but I would skip the omnis and use patch antennas or small Yagis. The higher gain antennas will also comp-ensate for the signal loss over the coax cable.

Figure in about $90-120 for each end including mounts, cable and the antennas (assuming about 10' of coax). Call if you need help getting the right parts.

Matthew Wheeler

Blue Modal

1-866-2-UNWIRE

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content