I have to ask some easy questions about Wireless WLC implementations.
I want to deply a WIFI network with 3 WLANS/VLANs + 1 wired-only VLAN for management purpouse. The access-point and the WLC should be connected to a non cisco layer 3 network.
1) the WLC shuold be connected to the network by a trunk, is the best choiche to configure a trunk with no active native vlan?
2) for each VLAN do I have to configure a Virtual interface on layer 3 switch? (why do I have to configure an address for each dinamic port on WLC)
3) in the management vlan am I forced to use DHCP to address the access-point or can I address them manually?
4) the access-point should be connected to a trunk port on the network (in this case do I have to use native vlan for the management vlan?) or does the access-point need to be connected on an access port? (in this case the vlan should be equal to the management vlan?)
5) do I mandatory need to address the wifi clients such as laptops by DHCP or can I address them manually?
last) for a complete workign solution without any optional service is it enough the WLC to optimally plan radio cell channels?
I thank you very much, I didn't clearly understand WLC working.
2. Yes as that switch will route the traffic to each vlan.
4. I don't believe you do, each vlan is advertised by a different WLAN (SSID) and the LWAPP tunnel is terminated by the WLC. On the site i have deployed the WLC, the APs are not connected to trunk ports on the switch.
Transferring Crash file from standby: Login to the Active WLC in HA.
From CLI: (Cisco Controller) >transfer upload datatype crash (Cisco
Controller) >transfer upload filename (Cisco
Controller) >transfer upload mode tftp (Cisco Controller) >transfer
This is the start of a display filter cross reference between Wireshark
and OmniPeek. The 1st installment is a table of advanced filters. More
filters will be added as time allows. It is a living doc, so check back
for changes every so often Please feel f...
I have created a Powershell script to automatically add a Wireless Guest
User on Cisco WLCs. (tested on 2500 Series) The script should be
completely self explanatory. Prerequisites: Powershell SNMP Module
(Install-Module -Name SNMP) SNMP Write Access to y...