Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

Wireless

What configuration is required to connect 1552S AP to Cisco 5500 controller. Sometimes I am learning two mac on the connected interface and the mac is not forwarding to core.

• Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, Ok ,,this is Lwapp AP.Int

Hi,

Ok ,,this is Lwapp AP.

Int bvi1

no ip address

int gi 0

no ip address

To enter in to Configuration mode

debug capwap con cli

Regards

Dhiresh

Please rate helpful posts

16 REPLIES
VIP Purple

HI Anuj,Did you configure the

HI Anuj,

Did you configure the WLC with right interface and right WLAN?

Did you connect AP to swicth with correct port configuration?

Did you configure atleast method for AP to connect WLC?

Check this link for basic WLC and AP configuration: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/4400-series-wireless-lan-controllers/69719-wlc-lwap-config.html

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

All other AP's are working

All other AP's are working fine, I am having problem with few of the 1552S AP. I have 6 of them installed in my network with 2 of them working (by adding their mac address under AP Policies). The rest of the four AP are not joining when I am following the same process.

Also the strange thing is the 2 1552S AP which are working , I am learning two mac address on the connected interface wheres for rest of the 4 AP I am learning only one and they are not working.

Also the learnt mac address is different from what is labelled on the hardware.

VIP Purple

I will say. Check again the

I will say. Check again the right mac address of the AP and add in Secirity>AP policies.

If still fails then reboot AP and paste the complete logs from console access

REgards

What should I check in AP

What should I check in AP console, two of the AP of similar type is working but not rest 4. I am setting them as outdoor AP's and this is the first time I am working on 1552s AP. Please help.

VIP Purple

Hi Anuj,Lets start from basic

Hi Anuj,

Lets start from basic because there are bit confusion regarding RAP or MAP.

1.Are you trying to use rest 4 AP as MAP ?

2. Did all AP fisrt connected to WLC ??

I would recommand:

1. First connect all AP to WLC (By adding there mac address to either MAC filter option or under AP policies.)

If you are using mac filter then choose Any WLAN and interface as management.

Regards

I took the console of the AP

I took the console of the AP and the AP is already having BVI1 and GI0 configured with ip address from another vendor and also having a default gateway configured. Any idea on how to remove those configurations so that it can pick up ip from the new controller?

Hi, Look like it is an

Hi,

Look like it is an Autonomous AP which doesnt need Controller. 

Do "sh version"..If it is AP3G1-K9W7-M..W7 then it is Autonomous. If that is the case then you will have to download AP lwapp image (full since this is Mesh)..and push in to it and then reload.That should look like AP3G1-K9W8-M...

Regards

Dhiresh

The AP model number is AIR

The AP model number is AIR-CAP1552SA-E-K9  . I guess the AP has static configuration, Is there any way by which I can change it to dynamic and remove the ip from Gi0 and BVI1 interace and also the default gateway from the AP?

Hi Anuj, So you want to

Hi Anuj,

So you want to remove the IP address and gateway ..correct ?

Use the "no" version of the commands. Also can you paste "sh version" here?

Regards

Dhiresh

Please rate helpful posts

Views
Helpful
Replies