cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wism-2 and a IDSM-2 in a 6509 Chassis

Andrew Quebman
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone configured the Wism-2 with an IDSM-2?

In need to place the wireless users thru the IPS inline

1. How would you configure the IDSM-2 to place the VLAN’s for the SSID’s of the WiSM-2 thru the IDSM-2 inline?
  2. What would be the best, inline VLAN pairs or VLAN groups?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your question would be best answered in this forum:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/network-infrastructure/switching

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

You did not help at all by asking me to ask in another post. seems all the forums are tied together.

So which is it. is the wireless, security, and switching forums are seperate or not?

Either way answer the question only if you know the answer please!

This is still unanswered!

This scenario is unique by itself.  This is the reason no one can provide any information.  Not a lot of people know about or have deployed an IDSM.  

Your best bet is to open a Cisco TAC Case. 

Leo, TAC is Break / Fix.

Not sure why you want to comment?

TAC will be your only hope. 

-Scott

Leo, TAC is Break / Fix.

I disagree.  Break/Fix/RMA is just one of it's function.  TAC can very well do configuration assistance and troubleshooting.  

The only thing TAC won't do, as far as I'm aware, is verify a design.  

Andrew Quebman
Level 4
Level 4

You did not help at all by asking me to ask in another post. seems all the forums are tied together.

So which is it. is the wireless, security, and switching forums are seperate or not?

Either way answer the question only if you know the answer please!

This is still unanswered!

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IDSM-2 in IPS mode

This is not a wireless question.  People on the mobility forum is strictly for wireless.  If you have a question on the WiSM2, we can help, but since your question is tied to the IDSM, you need to ask in the security forum.  If they can't help you, then open a TAC case.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card