Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WISM-2 in VSS 6500 with AP-SSO

Hello community,

this time I have a question about AP-SSO in an VSS environment. I need to configure AP-SSO (HA Pairing) of two WISM-2 boards (SW 7.3.101.0) in different 6500 Switch Chassis which are configured in VSS Mode (IOS 15.0.1). In the documentation it says I have to create a "redundancy" vlan, which crosses the VSL link an is used for heartbeat and db replication.

Can someone please post a configuration example, or at least a link to documentation? I wonder how to create this special vlan (global statemet, in the WISM section ?).

Thank you very much,

Regards Benjamin

Edit: After some web search I understand that I have to create a new vlan and in global mode use the command  "wism redundancy-vlan [VLAN-No.]" to use this vlan for redundancy (heartbeat, db sync,...). Does someone know if I can use the same vlan as I use for service (communication sup <-> wism) ?      

Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY

WISM-2 in VSS 6500 with AP-SSO

Just as a follow-up: It works fine. You just have to add a new vlan and tell the switch to it as the redundancy vlan (wism redundancy-vlan x). Don´t forget to add it to the trunk between sup <-> wism. After that just normal HA configuration and it works.

Views
Helpful
Replies