Cisco Support Community
Community Member

WiSM and 4404 problem

Have a Wism configured to be the primary controller however all LAP's seem to register to a seperate 4404 on the newtork. HAve rtied many things to rectify but to no sucess. Any ideas anyone

Re: WiSM and 4404 problem

A couple of things, one build the mobility group between the two devices, and once they join, set the Primary and Secondary Controller addresses on the AP's individually, or through a template in WCS if you have it.

If you are providing the management address via Option 43/DNS, the AP learns about all the controllers in the mobility group, so if you already have the mobility group built, the AP is learning about the WiSM and the 4404. It then will unicast each controller with discovery request, and the AP will decide on which controller to join.

Generally if I want all my AP's to join a specific controller I will set that one as Master Controller Mode to on, and when they have joined set the Primary and Secondary. If you do not set these variables, then the next time you set a different controller to Master Controller Mode, your AP's could move to that controller.

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
CreatePlease to create content