Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiSM and default-group

Hi

Running 7.0.220 on our WiSMs/WCS. Is there still no way to remove or modifiy the "default-group" wlan group?

thx in advance

Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: WiSM and default-group

The correct design/configuration is to NOT create WLANs ID 1-16 if you do not want them on a default AP.

WLAN 1 - WLAN 16 will always be in the Default-Group. As such, if you create your WLANs as 17 and higher, you will have nothing in the Default-Group and therefor "default" APs will not have a configuration.

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Nope. That can't be modified or removed. To make any changes, you would need to create ap groups.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

WiSM and default-group

would be nice if cisco decide to change this circumstance. Dont like that APs can broadcast a bunch of ssids when they are not configured...

thx

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Yeah... your best bet is just to disable the SSID or once the ap has joined, put them in a different ap group which has no SSID's.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Silver

The correct design/configuration is to NOT create WLANs ID 1-16 if you do not want them on a default AP.

WLAN 1 - WLAN 16 will always be in the Default-Group. As such, if you create your WLANs as 17 and higher, you will have nothing in the Default-Group and therefor "default" APs will not have a configuration.

thx, weterry your right. i already got that. but, is there a way to define the WLAN number during configuration using the WCS Controller Template launch Pad? I know to do that if i configure the WLAN directly on the controller but i never see a option to select on the wcs. what point me to the next problem: i have already configured wlan numbers through 16.   so can i renumber them? or do i have to delete and readd?

From WCS, it chooses the next available WLAN ID, IIRC.  that may have changed in the 7.0.220.0 version of WCS, but I can't verify it at this time.

As for renumbering the WLAN, you would need to delete them, and then recreate, or push from WCS in the particular order that you want them to appear on the WLC.

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content