cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WISM Controllers crashing - anyone else having this problem

jsoffer
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone else having problems with WISM based controllers unexpected crashing? I have an open tac case and I did get a replacement module for one switch, but I am not confident that the problem will go away. The system is not logging anything to the crash files, and it took me a while to convince tech support to replace the hardware. They kept saying it was some undefined software bug. I am running version 4.2.112 code. I have that same code running on several standalone controllers and it's been very stable. I was wondering what everyone else's experience has been with this hardware.

2 Replies 2

IRFANULLAH-KHAN
Level 1
Level 1

Please be more specific ! what is the exact problem u r facing?

I had some problem too!! -my WiSM was not able to sustain service-vlan (Allowed) after rebooting the switch and I have to again manually config service vlan again by console...do u faced same prob. similar to this

My problem is that the controllers just randomly reboot themselves. They have always come back up and the access points re-associate. It's happened in the middle of the night with no clients as well as the middle of the business day. Sometimes it's just one of the controllers on the wism, and other times both controllers have gone down together.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card