cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM lost heartbeat with Supervisor

pcaltagirone22
Level 1
Level 1

i have 2 6504 w WiSM in each...just yesterday i began seeing "lost heartbeat with supervisor" on the traps on all 4 WLCs exactly one per minute. The WLAN is operating fine but I am concerned about the traps. We upgraded from 3.2.150 to 4.1.181 2 days ago. We also made changes to ACS and added a couple of WLANs and interfaces. Nothing that should have affected the WiSM??

Has anybody seen this error before?

2 Replies 2

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

Can you paste the output of

"sh run | in wism" and "sh wism status"

Also have you cofnigured statix ip address for your service interface of via DHCP?

Regards,

Ankur

Unfortunately I do not have remote access and I am no longer onsite. I did however find the following notes below on the issue and will attempt to resolve according to the doc. The funny thing is that this issue arose as a result of fixing another. The original issue was one of the WiSM's was showing "misconfigured WiSM" slot0/port0. I then changed the SP addresses from a 192.168.x.x (WLC mgmt IP also on 192.168.x.x) to a 172.x.x.x and the misconfigured WiSM issue cleared up but then the "lost heartbeat with supervisor" error message began. Here is the notes from the WiSM FAQ.....

1.Create new VLAN that does not exist on the network

2.Create a DHCP scope on the SUP720 for the SP's. This IP range should not start with the same octet of any interface existing in your network (DHCP recommended)

3.Assign the WiSM SP's to the new VLAN with command "wism service-vlan new VLAN ID"

Is this the best route?

We have 10.x.x.x, 172.x.x.x and 192.168.x.x.x in our network...

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card