cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM password recovery / config reset

jcowtan
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring a WiSM blade. Consoling in I completed Side A with the initial config. It saved and reloaded. I was able to re-signed on with default name/pw and things looked good.

I plugged into B side (console) and used same default name/pw. Completed initial config. It saved, reloaded and then I could not sign in. The defaults no longer worked.

So I can not get on the B side to reset. How do I set the B side to factory defaults? If I reset the A side, does it reset both sides?

I then

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jakew
Level 1
Level 1

I've had this happen to me on more than one occasion when I fat-fingered the password in the setup script.

One way to do this is to attach a console cable to side B and reset the module from the switch (hw-module module [module number] reset). This will reboot both sides, but Side A should be fine. When Side B comes up, type in "Recover-Config" for the user name. This will reset the module and you can re-enter the setup script. Be sure that "Recover-Config" is the first thing you enter because if you put anything else in, you have to reset the module again.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jakew
Level 1
Level 1

I've had this happen to me on more than one occasion when I fat-fingered the password in the setup script.

One way to do this is to attach a console cable to side B and reset the module from the switch (hw-module module [module number] reset). This will reboot both sides, but Side A should be fine. When Side B comes up, type in "Recover-Config" for the user name. This will reset the module and you can re-enter the setup script. Be sure that "Recover-Config" is the first thing you enter because if you put anything else in, you have to reset the module again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: