Views
Helpful
Replies

WISM port channel

Bel Marsad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dear,

We want to migrate our WLC Wism module to version 7.0.235 and on the release note somewhere is wrote that after the upgrade we have to reenable the Wism port channel on our 6500 SW:

Step 20 For Cisco WiSMs, reenable the controller port channel on the Catalyst switch.

Unfortunately I didn’t found any CLI command on our 6500 to enable this port channel, can someone help me on this?

thanks

7 Replies 7

john smith
Level 1
Level 1

i did this before some days, actually you don't need to reenable port-channel on you cat6500 series switch,

the upgrading the code of wlcs in wism will not have any effect on port-channel setting.

belive me and go ahead

please rate the post if this helps you

Yea, Ive updated more WiSMs then I can count and the channels are just fine. You dont have to do anything. 

The only issue Ive come across is upgrading past the I train on the sup. If you built your WISM without the auto commands your channels will go POOOF!

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Unfortunately I didn’t found any CLI command on our 6500 to enable this port channel, can someone help me on this?

I recently upgraded our WiSM-1 to 7.0.235.0 and two of the blade's went nuts.  What I had to do was to remove the line that states the native VLAN and put it back in and all went good.

I've observed this type of errors on the WiSM-1's  I don't know (yet) if this issue has been "carried over" to the WiSM-2.  I'll know in a few months time.

Thanks for your answer

we have currently 2 Wism’s 1  (4 WLC) on two 6509 with 160 AP there is two primary controller and two others are as secondary, so I plan do the upgrade this weekend starting with the two secondary to see if there is not issue, after the upgrade I will pass all AP to the those secondary WLC and will upgrade the primary.

I have also another question, on the step for upgrade there is also stating that we have to disable all WLAN:

Step 5 Disable any WLANs on the controller.

This is optional or mandatory ? because if do that we don’t have any Wifi for our customer, so I have to inform them that we will cut the Wifi

Thanks

No need to shut down the WLANS.

Leo -- Perhaps you need me to do you upgrades ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

So if I understand there is a lot of Cisco recommendation that are not very true ?? ••J and we have to juste put the new bootloader and new software on the controller and reboot it that its ….

Leo -- Perhaps you need me to do you upgrades ?

LOL.  Nah.  I am willing to get my hands dirty.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card