Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM Service Vlan Issues

ciscokid7181
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

I have seen strange problem in WiSM, while configuring as service vlan, I could see the status of one of the service vlan's as Oper-Up. Second one is mentioned as -- , whereas I could access both wism by means of html. Through CLI i could access only one WisM.

Apart from that, I could see in log files lost hearbeat with supervisor. Is this log related with the missing service vlan's . How can I solve this issue? Will it be due to WiSM/Core Switch IOS incompatibility?

Regards,

SIDdarth

2 Replies 2

ciscokid7181
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

1. Could you please advise regarding strange issue which happens on my wism

When I type show wism module, I see one of the controller is mentioned with service vlan ip and controller ip and status as 'Oper-Up' , whereas second wism controller does show any ip and is mentioned as -- with status mentioned as 'Service-Up'. But remotely i can access both controllers through WiSM.

Why does it come so? I am having controller firmware version 5.0. How can I solve this issue.

2. Secondly as I have heard from other users that 5.0 is buggy firmware, will I lose my configuration if i upgrade firmware to 5.2/6.0

Please provide me ur experiences.

Thanks a lot

-SIDdarth

Siddarth,

If the code you are mentioning is 5.0.148 , then there are two well known bugs about the service-vlan on the wisms. You will be able to access via GUI, but you cannot session into it.

Yes, 5.0.148 has several issues. Upgrading to 5.2 will ix the service port issue.

If the issue is indeed one of the bugs, then rebooting the controller will temporarily bring the service port up

The part of your config that will change if you are currently using apgroups and /or wlan override feature.It's configured a little differently on 5.2 and higher.

Thanks,

Dhivya

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card