Helpful
Replies

Wism software version

etmarcof
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have  a new  Wism to install and it has version 6.0.196.0

I saw that there is a software advisory to stay way from this version. I was thinking in install/upgrade to version 6.0.202.0 but reading release notes i see the following open caveat  WiSM May Fail to Process Incoming Packets (Ex ARP, ICMP).

Any sugestions based on production environement expirience for wich version i should upgrade?

Thank you.

Best Regards

MC

1 Reply 1

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

I know that being a Cisco Employee, and one responsible for the stability and support for this product, my opinion is a little biased and may not be representative of the field.... but:

I feel that 7.0.116.0/ 220.0/ 230.0 are very stable codes.

6.0 got a bad reputation early on, and alot of people made the jump to 7.0 sooner than they had probably ever intended, but generally speaking anything after 7.0.98.0 I think you'll find has been adopted well.

7.0 is intended to be the final train for the wism1 platform, so if this is a long term deployment you'll likely end up on 7.0 eventually.... might as well start now....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card