cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wism version 2 support feature "enable NAT address?

ittichai_a
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

i would like to ask some question that wism v 2 support feature nat address? because i see in configuration guide it just tell about wlc 5508. So, please give me or share information.

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is a setting for OfficeExtend AP's when the APs use the public address to join the WLC.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11579/products_tech_note09186a0080b7f10e.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It is only for 5508 controllers.

It is mentioned n the config guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.2/configuration/guide/cg_ports_interfaces.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

This feature is also on the 2504, Flex7500 & wism2.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

I'll reach out to the guys in TAC and get there thoughts on this.  It could be a documentation bug, or it could be an interpretation issue.  That does say only for dynamic AP managers, but should be available on all managmenet interfaces.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Steve (nice to still have contacts on the inside)... I only use it on the managment when deploying OfficeExtend AP's.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

That's what the feature is for, the OEAP. and it should be on the management interface, but I'd for some reason you break off the ap-manager it would need to be there. So I would think ti should be configurable in all WLC that support OEAP.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

Well that is the thing... will it work if you are using multiple ap managers?  What I was told is that the ap's still need to communicate with the management interface with the 2504, 5508... the newer stuff.  Its not like the 4400's where if you break up the management and the ap manager, you can actually isolate the ap manager on a vlan with the aps and the aps will communicate with the ap manager interface only.  The newer controllers don't function like that.  We had a client that migrated  and wanted to keep everything the same.... well it didn't work.  We had to enable routing between the ap manager subnet and the management.  I never split them apart and don't know why people do

Maybe we can get George to test it out

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card