Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM + WCS 802.11a question?

edvalasek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We are using a WiSM in a 6500 and everything seems to work fine. The WiSM Controllers are 10.x.x.2 and 10.x.x.3. Basically when our LAP1242AG APs join the 10.x.x.3, the 802.11a radio configuration is not available (no hyperlink) on the AP configuration page for all APs on that controller. For new ones that join the 10.x.x.2 controller, the 802.11a radio configuration hyperlink is available for those specific APs on that controller. We do not use 802.11a so I am fine with the 802.11a functionality being disabled. Anyone know where this setting is? I imagine there is a config difference between the Controllers but have been through every setting I could possibly find and just cannot figure it out...... Anyone know? If you need more clarification, just let me know.... Maybe I can attach a screenshot or something......

Thanks,

Ed

8 Replies 8

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hummm

Check to see if your 802.11a network is enabled.

wireless->802.11a/b->network and see if that is checked...

Do you APs indeed have 802.11a radios? What model?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

George,

I checked and the "802.11a Network Status" box does not have a check in it.

The APs are all AIR-LAP1242AG-A-K9

One thing to note is that there are 30 or so other APs on this controller.... It seems to only have that 802.11a hyperlinkenabled on the new APs we deployed but not on any that already existed on that controller...... Does that help?

Thanks again,

Ed

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ed,

Are both WiSM running on the same firmware?

leolaohoo,

Both controllers are running version 4.1.171.0

Does that help?

I know, I know.... Outdated but we have not found a good time to update yet.... Ha Ha!     

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed,

I haven't used this version for yonks so I would not know if this is a bug or not.

Have you tried reboot the WiSM without the "a"?

How about if you tried to upgrade the firmware to, say, 4.2.207?

leolaohoo,

I am going to try rebooting the WiSM(s) and see what happens.... I'll keep you posted....

Yeah I know I need to retire the Model T.... Ha Ha!

I need to go through and read all the Release Notes on what hoops I need to jump through in order to upgrade since we are so far behind..... Hopefully it is a painless process.

Thanks,

Ed

It sure is a lousy time to quit smoking! 

oh gezzzz. Give up the model "T" already

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card