Views
Helpful
Replies

WiSM & WLC2504

ARChristian
Level 1
Level 1

hey,

maybe someone can help me with some difficulties that i have. i put a WLC2504 in my network to work at the same time with my WiSM, so both of then can work with the same mobilities groups. my questions are, if my WLC2504 can replicate the configuration of my WiSM, so if i make a chance the WLC can apply automatically the new configuration, and if that is possible how??? what do i need configure???.......or if i have cisco prime infrastructure, then, can i have a centralized configuration from both???

thank you in advice for your help and time

Christian

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no sync between your WiSM and the 2504. Changes have to be made on both WLC's.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Not really... PI can push out templates, but that doesn't mean a true sync.  Those are two different platforms and thus, you can't really sync the interfaces.  You can look at creating templates that you want to audit, but if your also running different code version, your looking at getting into trouble.  You need to manually make changes.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no sync between your WiSM and the 2504. Changes have to be made on both WLC's.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

hi scott

thank you for your answer, but if i have cisco prime infrastructure, can i have a centralized configuration from both???, or there is any way that i can sync both devices??

thanks again

Not really... PI can push out templates, but that doesn't mean a true sync.  Those are two different platforms and thus, you can't really sync the interfaces.  You can look at creating templates that you want to audit, but if your also running different code version, your looking at getting into trouble.  You need to manually make changes.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card