Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WISM2 seeing its own MAC with Duplicate IP on MGMT interface

So I am just setting up a new WISM2 controller for a client.  Got it up and running and the first thing I see in the "Most Recent Traps" is this error

Warning: Controller has detected its IP Address 10.254.1.10 being used by a machine with MAC Address 30:e4:db:39:30:af.  This MAC address is itself.

I checked the settings on the 6509 which is running 15.0.1 IOS, I see that the Port-Channel 413 that it created is Down with none of the tengig interfaces assigned.

21     Po21(SU)         -        Gi1/46(P)      Gi2/10(P)

413    Po413(SD)        -

Also doing a show wism module # controller 1 status the port channel has a 0

Port Channel Number                  : 0

WCP Keep Alive Missed                : 0

Now the TenG interfaces 7/1 and 7/2 show up/up and I can obviously reach the controller through both CLI and GUI.  If anyone has an anwser for this it would be appreciated. 

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES

did you configure the WiSM commands on the switch side?

Additionally, make sure that you allow VLANs that are configured in             the Cisco WiSM2 through the port-channel and Gigabit interfaces with these             commands. Make sure the VLANs are also active.

Cat-6K(config)# wism module {#} controller {#} allowed-vlan {vlan range}
Cat-6K(config)# wism module {#} controller {#} native-vlan {vlan id}
Cat-6K(config)# wism module {#} controller {#}  qos {trust/vlan-based}  
 - Trust state of theLAG Interface 

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Stephen,

Yes I had the commands for the WISM configured but I actually have figured it out. I had to completely remove the WISM commands from the Core and reapply the same commands.  Not sure the true reasoning for having to reapply those commands but I am thinking it didnt build the Etherchannel for the 20G connection correctly the first time.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content