Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLAN authentication

Hi Guys,

Basically I want to be able to have wireless users (laptops) connect to access points and authenticate them selves (most likely with a captive portal on their internet broswer software) against the Novell eDirectory server via RADIUS. Are there any Cisco applicances that are capable of requesting/passing-through authentication to a Novell eDirectory server - basically just authenticating against an LDAP database.

Any help would be great.

I tried using a product called Zeroshell which is linux based, but this had its limitations set early on.

Thanks again.

1 REPLY

Re: WLAN authentication

Hi Ben,

Yes, Cisco has a product called Secure Access Control Server (ACS). It's their version of a RADIUS server. It is capable of authenticating directly with NDS (I know this for a fact). It's rather easy to learn and use, and is flexible and powerful. It is available as software for you to run on a server (Windows or UNIX), or as a hardened appliance (ACS Solution Engine).

Check out more info here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/index.html

The appliance works very well, and basic configuration is a breeze.

Good luck. I hope this helps!

- Jay

Views
Helpful
Replies