Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN WCS times users out - Please somebody help

richnam
Level 1
Level 1

Good day all,

I have a mesh network with a 4404 WCS. I have 13 outdoor 1500 APs and 7 indoor 1240 indoor APs. The network also has an ACS server for web authentication. However, users complain of frequent timeouts such that they need to login again to access the internet. Please what can possibily be wrong? The WCS is running a Mesh network but brigding is not enabled. I don't know what i am doing wrong.

9 Replies 9

wg wireless
Level 1
Level 1

It has to do with 'session time out'

You can set the value from controller GUI under WLAN tab. WLAN>SSID>Advanced>

Enable Session Timeout

set the desired value here.

Thank you for your reponce. It was really helpful.

I have changed the session timeout to 0. However it still timesout occassionally. Also, it does not have a constant time range, sometimes it happens after 5min, 30min and so on. Is it possible the fluctuating nature of RF can be causing this?

Yes, strong chances are there that this abnormal behaviour caused by disruptive RF connectivity.

Check for traps in contoller or WCS for a particular client facing this problem

Thank you for the feedback.

One more thing though. I have 1500 outdoor APs. How can i hard reset it to default? I can seem to find any reset button on it. Thanks

Have you tried from the WLC gui?

You can reset the AP to the factory defaults through the wireless LAN (WLAN) controller (WLC). For the reset, the LAP should be registered to the WLC.

Complete these steps:

From the WLC GUI, click Wireless. The Wireless tab provides access to the Cisco WLAN Solution wireless network configuration.

Choose Access Points > Cisco APs, and then click Detail in order to navigate to the window for the specific AP.

Click Clear Config at the bottom of this window. This clears the configuration on the LAP and resets it to the factory defaults.

In order to reset the LAPs to the factory defaults with use of the command-line interface (CLI), issue the clear ap-config ap-name command from the WLC CLI.

Thank you lavramov for the feedback.

However, the outdoor 1500 AP is not registering with the controller. Is there a way to hard reset the 1500 AP when it refuses to register with the controller. The mac address of the AP is on the mac address filter table but however, it does not join the controller even when i plug it directly to the controller switch.

Thanks

Obinna

I believe that was the model that has also a battery on it.

The way to hard reset it is to unplug it and wait 2 days that the battery drains.

Else if you have console you may be able to do a write erase and reset.

If it has a battery installed and you want to reset it, there is a reset button behind the reset screw. Press it with a pin for 10 seconds and AP will be turned off.

Thanks alot.

How can i find the reset screw? I can't seem to find it. Also how can i console into the AP?

This is the AP model i'm using.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6548/prod_view_selector.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: