Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLAN - WPA2 - TKIP-AES MIC Errors

I created a new WLAN on my 5508's a few weeks ago. I finally attached some clients to this WLAN and when I roam from LAP to LAP I completely drop, and wireless card disconnects for ~60 seconds.

The WLAN is built with WPA2 - PSK - TKIP. I thought this was a client driver issue, but I tested with 5 different WIFI devices and I experienced the same issue. I looked in WCS and noticed alot of WPA MIC error messages:

The AP '00:0b:85:67:xx:xx' received a WPA MIC error on protocol '1' from Station '00:13:02:8d:xx:xx. Counter measures have been activated and traffic has been suspended for 60 seconds.

I issued the "config wlan security tkip hold-down 0 6"<--WLAN ID I am having problems with is 6. The '0' is supposed to disable the tkip hold down timer, but I am still experiencing the same issues. I have also tried to switch to AES instead of TKIP, but still same issue. I have 5 other WLAN ID's on the 5508, and they have no issues.

I am not getting any help/solutions from TAC. The main device I am seeing the issue with is a Honeywell Dolphin 9900 Healthcare edition.

I would appreciate any assistance,

Thanks in advance, John

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: WLAN - WPA2 - TKIP-AES MIC Errors

It's best not to propose TKIP on a wpa2 ssid. Stay "wpa1 tkip" or "wpa2 aes".

I would ask if you face the problem with laptops ? If it's only with the honeywell devices, I'm sorry to indicate that it sounds like a honeywell issue.

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content