Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLC 2006 redundancy on HSRP switch

My current setup is 2 units L3 switches running HSRP. The port 1 of WLC is connected to one of the L3-A switch.

Is it possible for me to connect port 2 of my WLC to L3-B switch(same SSID)so that in case of L3-A switch down, my WLC and wireless AP still functional?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Re: WLC 2006 redundancy on HSRP switch

Hi

No - I've just set up one of these 2006 controllers and there isn't any way to connect to multiple switches in a fault tolerant way or aggregate links for performance.

You can tie a VLAN interface to a particular physical port, but this just ensures 100Mb of BW is dedicated to that VLAN...

The larger 4100 and 4400 controllers support STP and in-built link failover, but the 2006 doesn't seem to.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Re: WLC 2006 redundancy on HSRP switch

We're running such a setup with 8 4402. It takes aprox 45 seconds for the aps to failover from one port to the other. Unfortunately HSRP is not enough. Be sure to configure a separate ap manager interface on each port.

TAC has provided us with some infos optimizing the setup and the BU is working on a setup making the failover faster.

Currently we see that connections from WLAN users using VPN tunnels will break during failover as timeouts are too long. EAP-TTLS connections will usually survive.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content