Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wlc 2106-K9 message log

Hello everybody.

Today I found next messages on my wlc 2100 controller in message log:

*apfReceiveTask: Aug 03 14:01:05.312: %RRM-3-RRM_LOGMSG: rrmChanUtils.c:290 RRM LOG: Airewave Director: Could not find valid channel lists for 802.11bg

*apfReceiveTask: Aug 03 13:59:54.976: %RRM-3-RRM_LOGMSG: rrmChanUtils.c:290 RRM LOG: Airewave Director: Could not find valid channel lists for 802.11bg

Aug 03 13:59:03.836: [ERROR] phy.c 159: link on port 7 change to up

*fp_main_task: Aug 03 13:58:58.336: %SYSTEM-3-FILE_READ_FAIL: nvstore.c:422 Failed to read configuration file 'rrcEngineInitParms.cfg'

*fp_main_task: Aug 03 13:58:58.335: %CNFGR-3-INV_COMP_ID: cnfgr.c:2110 Invalid Component Id : Unrecognized (81) in cfgConfiguratorInit.

*fp_main_task: Aug 03 13:58:58.329: %CNFGR-3-INV_COMP_ID: cnfgr.c:2110 Invalid Component Id : Unrecognized (75) in cfgConfiguratorInit.

*fp_main_task: Aug 03 13:58:57.934: %MM-3-MEMBER_ADD_FAILED: mm_dir.c:904 Could not add Mobility Member. Reason: IP already assigned, Member-Count:1,MAC: 00:00:00:00:00:00, IP: 0.0.0.0

*sshpmLscTask: Aug 03 13:58:54.634: %SSHPM-3-FREAD_FAILED: sshpmlscscep.c:1403 Error reading file /mnt/application/lscca_pem.crt

Aug 03 13:58:51.800: [ERROR] phy.c 159: link on port 1 change to up

*fp_main_task: Aug 03 13:58:50.333: %CNFGR-3-INV_COMP_ID: cnfgr.c:2110 Invalid Component Id : Unrecognized (36) in cfgConfiguratorInit.

*mfpKeyRefreshTask: Aug 03 13:58:50.333: %SSHPM-3-NOT_INIT: bsnrandom.c:619 Random context not initialized

It's very strange because wireless network is working well, but I'm affraid it can cause misunderstandings.

Please help me solve this problem and understand what's going.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Konstantin Samonov

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kostantin:
For CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER resolution you need to:

- Make sure that the DNS server ip address provided by the DHCP is correct.

- The DNS request is sent from the AP and reaches the DNS server. This can be identified by a packet capture on the AP and DNS server sides. Make sure that:

* The name that is sent in the packet by the AP is the same name configured on the DNS server.

* If the request is sent but does not reach the DNS server, look somewher in between to find where the packet is probably lost.

About:

status of voice_diag_test from WLC is false

This states if the voice diagonistics feature is enabled on the AP or not. This feature is used to troubleshoot voice calls quality. It can be enabled from a WCS. This link should clarify it a bit:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/tools.html#wp1187029

This feature is normally disabled unless you are using the WCS to diagnose voice calls you will find it then enabled on the APs.

Don't forget please to rate anaswers and mark the correct answer for others having same problem to make use of this thread and find it faster if they search.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

View solution in original post

Konstantin:

Glad that your issue is now resolved.

voice diag is disabled by default. it says that "is false" which means it is not enabled. If it is enabled you'll get a message that the status is true, not false.
This message about the voice diag always appears. you can not get rid of it.

HTH

Amjad

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Does this show up after a reboot? Did you upload a config file to the wlc or did you manually configure the wlc?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello. You are right. These messages show after reboot wlc. I manually configured my controller.

So, what is wrong?

Kind regards,

Konstantin    

It looks like maybe the configuration that is actually stored is corrupt. I had that once and that is why I asked. I don't know your comfort level, but I basically erased the config and manually reconfigured the wlc and the errors went away. Again, if you have no issues, then I wouldn't even worry about it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for your reply Scott. I very appreciate it.

In this time I have two strange issues:

Firstly WLC2106 messages in log, about which I have wrote above.

Could you explain me how did you erase configuration and manually reconfiguration WLC please?

Basic configuration I have made manually. So, maybe I missed anything?

Secondly log from my LAP 3502I-K9 connected directly in WLC.

Here it:

Translating "CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER.ykk.kz"...domain server (192.168.0.2)

*Mar   1 00:00:09.317: %SOAP_FIPS-2-SELF_TEST_IOS_SUCCESS: IOS crypto FIPS  self  t                                                                                         est passed

*Mar  1 00:00:09.323: *** CRASH_LOG = YES

*Mar  1 00:00:09.323: 64bit PCIE devices

*Mar   1 00:00:09.625: soap_extern_intr_dispatch: no handler for UIC2 intrno  12  l                                                                                         evel 4

*Mar  1 00:00:09.924: soap_extern_intr_dispatch: no  handler for UIC2 intrno 12  l                                                                                         evel 4Security Core found.

Base Ethernet MAC address: 1C:DF:0F:94:50:37

*Mar   1 00:00:12.158: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet0, changed  state                                                                                          to up

*Mar  1 00:00:12.944: %SOAP_FIPS-2-SELF_TEST_RAD_SUCCESS:  RADIO crypto FIPS  self                                                                                          test passed on interface Dot11Radio 0

*Mar  1 00:00:13.168:  %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface  GigabitEth                                                                                         ernet0, changed state to up

*Mar  1 00:00:15.618:  %SOAP_FIPS-2-SELF_TEST_RAD_SUCCESS: RADIO crypto FIPS  self                                                                                          test passed on interface Dot11Radio 1

*Mar  1 00:00:15.653:  %LWAPP-3-CLIENTEVENTLOG: Read and initialized AP event  log                                                                                          (contains, 281 messages)

*Mar  1 00:00:15.665:  status of voice_diag_test from WLC is false

*Mar  1 00:00:17.751: %SYS-5-RESTART: System restarted --

Cisco  IOS Software, C3500 Software (AP3G1-K9W8-M), Version 12.4(23c)JA,  RELEASE                                                                                          SOFTWARE (fc3)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Tue 01-Jun-10 12:59 by prod_rel_team

*Mar   1 00:00:17.751: %SNMP-5-COLDSTART: SNMP agent on host AP1cdf.0f94.5037  is                                                                                          undergoing a cold start

*Mar  1 00:26:59.047: %LINK-5-CHANGED:  Interface Dot11Radio1, changed state to  r                                                                                         eset

*Mar  1 00:26:59.047: %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface  Dot11Radio0, changed state to  r                                                                                         eset

*Mar  1 00:26:59.956: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on  Interface  GigabitEth                                                                                         ernet0, changed state to up

*Mar  1 00:27:00.047:  %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface  Dot11Radio                                                                                         1, changed state to down

*Mar  1 00:27:00.047:  %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface  Dot11Radio                                                                                         0, changed state to down

*Mar  1 00:27:20.054: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Could Not resolve CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER.ykk.kz

*Mar  1 00:27:20.054: %CAPWAP-5-CHANGED: CAPWAP changed state to DISCOVERY

*Mar  1 00:27:20.283: %SSH-5-ENABLED: SSH 2.0 has been enabled

*Mar  1 00:27:20.302:  status of voice_diag_test from WLC is false

*Mar  1 00:27:20.350: Logging LWAPP message to 255.255.255.255.

*Mar  1 00:27:50.398: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Go join a capwap controller

*Aug   3 11:43:16.000: %CAPWAP-5-DTLSREQSEND: DTLS connection request sent  peer_i                                                                                         p: 192.168.0.5 peer_port: 5246

*Aug  3 11:43:16.000:  %SYS-6-LOGGINGHOST_STARTSTOP: Logging to host  255.255.255.                                                                                         255 started - CLI initiated

*Aug  3 11:43:17.000: %CAPWAP-5-CHANGED: CAPWAP changed state to

*Aug   3 11:43:17.805: %CAPWAP-5-DTLSREQSUCC: DTLS connection created  sucessfully                                                                                          peer_ip: 192.168.0.5 peer_port: 5246

*Aug  3 11:43:17.805: %CAPWAP-5-SENDJOIN: sending Join Request to 192.168.0.5

*Aug  3 11:43:17.805: %CAPWAP-5-CHANGED: CAPWAP changed state to JOIN

*Aug  3 11:43:17.981: %CAPWAP-5-CHANGED: CAPWAP changed state to CFG

*Aug  3 11:43:18.296: %CAPWAP-5-CHANGED: CAPWAP changed state to UP

*Aug   3 11:43:18.343: %CAPWAP-5-JOINEDCONTROLLER: AP has joined controller  wlc21                                                                                         06

*Aug  3 11:43:18.393: %LWAPP-3-CLIENTEVENTLOG: SSID ykk added to the slot[0]

*Aug  3 11:43:18.400: %LWAPP-3-CLIENTEVENTLOG: SSID ykk added to the slot[1]

*Aug  3 11:43:18.412: %WIDS-6-ENABLED: IDS Signature is loaded and enabled

*Aug   3 11:43:25.201: %CDP_PD-4-POWER_OK: Full power -  HIGH_POWER_CLASSIC_NOT_CO                                                                                         NFIGURED inline power source

*Aug  3 11:43:25.283:  %DOT11-6-DFS_SCAN_START: DFS: Scanning frequency 5320  MHz                                                                                          for 60 seconds.

*Aug  3 11:43:25.295: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Dot11Radio1, changed state to up

*Aug  3 11:43:25.367: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to up

*Aug   3 11:43:26.214: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface  Dot11Radio                                                                                         1, changed state to up

*Aug  3 11:43:26.295: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN:  Line protocol on Interface  Dot11Radio                                                                                         0, changed state to up

*Aug  3 11:43:34.669: %CLEANAIR-6-STATE: Slot 0 disabled

*Aug  3 11:43:34.669: %CLEANAIR-6-STATE: Slot 1 disabled

*Aug   3 11:44:34.975: %DOT11-6-DFS_SCAN_COMPLETE: DFS scan complete on  frequency                                                                                          5320 MHz

I can not understand why LAP can't resolve CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER.ykk.kz name. Although I have in my DNS server A record with WLCs name and it IP address.

And what does this message *Mar  1 00:13:33.299:  status of voice_diag_test from WLC is false mean? And why does it appear?

Kind regards,

Konstantin

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Konstantin,

What is your logging level? If you have logging level higher than erros (debugging or informational for example) you may see messages that look like an error byt they are actually more informational.
I suggest that you set your logging level to "Errors" and monitor.

Some strange messages may appear sometimes with the "Error" logging level if:
- You upload a configuration with some commands that is not compatible with the WLC code.

- You downgrade the WLC to a lower version while the configuraiton is not fully compatible with the new lower code.

- You upgrade the WLC without following supported upgrade path.

- You use multiple WLCs on same mobility domain with different code version.

HTH

Amjad

Hello Amjad,

Where do I need exactly set up logging level on my wlc? Maybe you mean: Management => Logs => Config => Msg log configuration ? So, on this tab in the fields next information:

Buffered Log Level - Errors

Console log level - Disable

and also marked parameters: File info, Proc info, Trace info.

Recently I have upgraded my WLCs software:

Software Version7.0.98.0
Emergency Image Version

All steps of upgrading I made by instructions.

Kind regards,

Konstantin

Hello Konstantin,

Yes you referenced the correct place to change the logging lvel. The buffered Log Level is set to Errors and that is what we wanted to check. It is "Errors" already.

Now, one think to tell: version 7.0.98.0 is a bit not recommended. You better to go for later releases of 7.0 (7.0.235.0 is the latest). 7.0.98.0 had many buggy issues and Cisco had to quickly fix the main issues so 7.0.98.218 was released as a quick fix for major bugs found in this release.

I think if you upgrade to latest 7.0 that will be much better and more stable.

Moreover, If you can reset the WLC to factory defaults and configure it again that will possibly mitigate the issue. But upgrade to latest is still recommended.

What I can tell is that as long as you don't have any issue with the WLC functionality you don't have to worry about those messages. I've seen very weird messages (similar to yours + traceback) in WLC logs if the logging level is higher than "Errors". Everything was normal and I found later that they are just informational and do not mean any harm to the WLC.

HTH

Amjad

Thanks for your extended answer Amjad. So, as I understood I shouldn't worry about these strange messages.

Could you explain me please about next messages, (see log from LAP above)

my LAP 3502I-K9 connected directly in WLC.

I can not understand why LAP can't resolve CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER.ykk.kz name. Although I have in my DNS server A record with WLCs name and it IP address.

And what does this message *Mar  1 00:13:33.299:  status of voice_diag_test from WLC is false mean? And why does it appear?

Kind regards,

Konstantin

Kostantin:
For CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER resolution you need to:

- Make sure that the DNS server ip address provided by the DHCP is correct.

- The DNS request is sent from the AP and reaches the DNS server. This can be identified by a packet capture on the AP and DNS server sides. Make sure that:

* The name that is sent in the packet by the AP is the same name configured on the DNS server.

* If the request is sent but does not reach the DNS server, look somewher in between to find where the packet is probably lost.

About:

This states if the voice diagonistics feature is enabled on the AP or not. This feature is used to troubleshoot voice calls quality. It can be enabled from a WCS. This link should clarify it a bit:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/tools.html#wp1187029

This feature is normally disabled unless you are using the WCS to diagnose voice calls you will find it then enabled on the APs.

Don't forget please to rate anaswers and mark the correct answer for others having same problem to make use of this thread and find it faster if they search.

HTH

Amjad

I have decided problem with DNS resolving name. It was because of  fact that LAPs were connected directly in WLC. When I connected them in  switch, they could resolve name of controller.

About:

Could you tell me please how to disable voice diag test function on LAP?

Kind regards,

Konstantun

Konstantin:

Glad that your issue is now resolved.

voice diag is disabled by default. it says that "is false" which means it is not enabled. If it is enabled you'll get a message that the status is true, not false.
This message about the voice diag always appears. you can not get rid of it.

HTH

Amjad

Thank you very much Amjad. You have dispelled all my doubts about these strange messages.

Cheers and good luck you in everything!

Kind regards,

Konstantin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card