cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2125 with 2x 1520 Mesh Points - Ethernet Bridging

Craig Gilbert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - I'm looking for assistance with a new Mesh set up we are deploying, the solutions consists of:

1x Wireless LAN Controller 2125

2x 1520 AP/Mesh Points

What we are trying to achieve is to bridge two networks together, I have followed the Cisco configuration guide and I simply can't get the traffic to cross from one side to the other. The WLC can see both 1520's on either side of the mesh network and I appear to have set it up right.

Here is how everything is set up:

- Local network (Class B, 10.0.0.0/16) connected to Port 1 on the WLC.

- 1520 is connected to Port 2 on the WLC via g0/0 with an IP address of 10.0.3.110 (management network, 10.0.3.111 for the wlan-management network) - this is set up as the RootAP, with ethernet bridging enabled and the bridging group set to rsqmesh.

- 2nd 1520 is around 800ft away set up as a MeshAP with ethernet bridging enabled and the bridging group set to rsqmesh. Small 5-port switch (non-cisco) connect to g0/0 on this 1520 with a device attached which has the IP of 10.0.3.37.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Bridging will not work if the RAP is directly connected to the controller. But CSCsk15792 is filed on this issue. If you put a switch between the controller and RAP traffic should start flowing.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Bridging will not work if the RAP is directly connected to the controller. But CSCsk15792 is filed on this issue. If you put a switch between the controller and RAP traffic should start flowing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card