Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 - no wired communication possible

koen.horemans
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

since a few days I cannot access the web interface anymore via wired lan.  I can ping the management interface, but all other communication via wired lan fails: no web interface, no authentication anymore to radius server, cannot upload configs or logs anymore.

Settings haven't changed for a few years, I already have done a soft reset.

Does anyone have a suggestion ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There were some bugs with regards to that (older code), but when you said you soft reset, I thought you rebooted the WLC.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You still have console and able to telnet or ssh?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Hi,

I can connect to the console (via console cable), Guest users can still connect wirelessly (static key), but ssh does not work (although it is allowed in the configuration).  Telnet is not allowed.

Basically I can only ping via the wire.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is what I would do... Perform a constant ping to the WLC management IP and then reboot the WLC or unplug the WLC from the network. Make sure the ping stops!!! At least we know there isn't a duplicate IP address.

-Scott

Hi,

It is not a case of duplicate ip's: at reset of the system the pings stopped, and started again when system was up again.

However after this reset, i can connect again to web interface via wired link, for now at least.

There were some bugs with regards to that (older code), but when you said you soft reset, I thought you rebooted the WLC.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

I did indeed a "reset system" this morning, just like I did this afternoon.  However this morning it didn't solve the issue, and now it did.

Anyway, thanks a lot for a VERY FAST response.  This is quite reassuring.

Koen

No problem. I would just monitor that because that would get annoying if it started happening more often.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card