Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

WLC 4402

Hi

i have cisco wireless controller 4402 series, i wanted to upgrade it to higher versions, current version is 4.0.179.11, i wanted to go to version 6.x, i should go to mid version in between, but its refuse all the time the new image for some reasons which i dont know, there is 2 imgaes currently on the WLC pri and sec. and both are same version.

any one faced the same issue or know how to solve it?

Thanks and Regards

Majdi

7 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WLC 4402

Here is a document that will explain what version you can upgrade to from an existing version.  This should get you to 6.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00805f381f.shtml#conf

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Have you gone through the release notes of the firmware you wanted to go to?  Kindly read the section posted below.  It will give you a brief description on the firmwares you need to install FIRST prior to full upgrade.

Special Rules for Upgrading to Controller Software
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn6_0_196.html#wp233853

Community Member

Hi,

I already checked the links attached , and went into the procedures step by step, the issue is when uploading the image file with tftp client, i am getting this error : Sanity check failed on file. The file was not downloaded completely , accourding to the manuals it means that the tftp not supporting more than 33 M files, i tried lot of TFTP softwares even the ons cisco recomends in the document tftpd32 i am getting the same error.

Thanks

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Try downloading the firmware again, maybe it's corrupt.

I use 3CDeamon and never had any issues.  You are also upgrading to 4.2.176.0 first correct?  Like leolaohoo mentioned, try to download the image again.

-Scott
Community Member

I downloaded the image again , and  tried 3CDeamon,  same problem

Try to tftp the image you currently have on your WLC and see if that fial or not.  Have you tried another PC/laptop with tftp?

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content