cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4404 (4.0.155.5) Aironet IE and PEAP Aironet 350

Darren Ramsey
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone tested Aironet IE with Cisco 350 card and CB21 (Cisco ABG card) on 4.0.155.5? Without Aironet IE enabled, the CB21 does not report back CCX. When I enable Aironet IE, the CB21 reports back CCX4 (I have latest driver 3.0), but breaks the 350 clients and they can't associate (latest driver here too). I then disable Aironet IE and the 350 can associate. The problem with the 350 is on XPSP2 MS-PEAP, I tested WEP for grins and it works just fine. Broadcom cards associate and show CCX4 irregardless of the Aironet IE setting. Intel Cards associate either way too. The clients are all XPSP2/PEAP and a mix of WPA/WPA2 and TKIP/AES, with MS IAS on the backend. This just started with 4.0.

I checked the bug database but did not see anything. Has anyone seen this or could verify in their lab? Just wanted to know before I spend the time to open case.

2 Replies 2

bwalchez
Level 4
Level 4

There is an chance for ABG cards for crashing the windows operating system. So it is better to replace it with cisco 350 client adapters.

So I opened up a TAC case 4 days ago. They had me take the usual debugs and they were not able to reproduce the problem. So after some trial and error, got it figured out. It seems if the SSID is 10 characters or greater, and you are using WLC 4.0 with Aironet IE enabled, and WPA/PEAP with Microsoft zero config, then the 350 card can not associate. With an SSID at 9 characters or less your OK. Have sent my findings to TAC and let's see if they can do better this time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card