Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 and CAP-1552E

bufycisco77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am trying register external Wireless AP CAP-1552E  , with controller 5508 ( version 7.4.100).

I have a couple of issues and I am bit confused.

AP does not want to register to the controller , on layer 2 or layer 3 , even if I use DHCP option 43 and 60.

On one hand it should be controller based access point but on the other hand I can log on it fully configure it as a standalone AP, with new SSID and everything.

Not sure what I am doing wrong  , AP does get the IP but simply does not register.

Other issue I have is power , it's being powered by 3750 switch, but max poe on the port is 30 V .

I have  message on the AP logs

%CDP_PD-2-POWER_LOW: 802.11N 2.4GHz Radio0 disabled - NEGOTIATED

5 GHz radio stays on.

Is it possible to use power on 2.4 and have 5 GH disabled ?

if I administrativly shut down the interface Dot11Radio1 (5GHz) still does not power on the 2.4

Any help will be appreciated

Martin

7 Replies 7

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

for the MESH AP, you need to add their mac address, to the mac filter for it to be able to join.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Steve ,

Thanks for respond ..YES , I did add the mac address to mac filter , I forgot to mention it.

Juts in case I added mac from gigabit interface and both radios , just in case, still no joy.

Martin

bufycisco77
Level 1
Level 1

..wondering if I need to convert it to lightweight AP?

I guess this it should be already lightweight if its a controller based AP , right ?

Yes you're right but can you post the AP version to be sure?

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

bufycisco77
Level 1
Level 1

c1520-k9w7-xx.152-2.JB

yes , looks like this was the problem.I expected to controller based AP have a lightweight software on it.

I changed the software to lightweight and now its registered with controller.

Thanks all for help

Great!!

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

blenka
Level 3
Level 3
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card