cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wlc 8510 - v8.0.100.0 - APGROUP count how many APs

David Whitley
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way of getting a count of how many APs are in an APGROUP either via CLI or GUI .

This is for a confidence check.  I can get a count of all APs with a certain name that should be in an APGROUP, but how do I see a count total how many are actually in that APGROUP?

In the GUI using tab WLANs then ADVANCED, does not give a count total.

Even a print out on the cli matching AP name to APGROUP name would do.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Click on configure > Controller , then click on ip of specific WLC and then on left side click on WLAN configuration, under this tab you will see how many AP Groups.

Now if you click on configured AP then you can see how many APS are there.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

try this command: sh wlan apgroups

Regards

Sandeep

Thanks for that, and while I can use that command then copy in to a text editor and count how many lines of APs in a certain APGROUP, I have 60 APGROUPS and some of those groups may have 200 APs within them.

This is quite a long winded way of checking that 60 APGROUPS have the correct number of APs in them, which I need to do at the end of our deployment.

Hi,

I dont think thata there is anyother way by WLC.

If you have WCS or NCS then you can check easily by going to Controller and then click on ip of the controller , then WLANs > AP Groups

Regards

I have CPI, is there a way using that?

Hi,

Click on configure > Controller , then click on ip of specific WLC and then on left side click on WLAN configuration, under this tab you will see how many AP Groups.

Now if you click on configured AP then you can see how many APS are there.

Regards

That is exactly it,thanks for your assistance.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card