Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLC Active Radius Server

We ahve a 5500 WLC, with 3 radius servers defined.  We are doing EAP-TLS authentication for our wireless clients.  Sometimes if there is a radius server issue, the WLC will send send requests to the secondary or tertiary radius server for client authentication requests.  Also, if there is a problem with the radius server, we do not know which one the controller is using.

Is there a CLI command on the WLC to tell which is the active radius server its using for authentications?  It's not always the primary even if the primary is responding.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WLC Active Radius Server

You can see it I'm the logs or even of you run a debug command. You might also try to do a show radius summary but that might not tell you which one it's using. There is a radius fallback on new code versions of the WLC also.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Re: WLC Active Radius Server

I feel your pain. To add to Scott's post, I normally check the statistics from the main monitor page and then Aaa ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content