cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC AireOS 8.0 - how to set font-color for integrated webauth/weblogin?

Christian S.
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

up to AireOS 7.6 I was able to set the font-color of the internal webauth/weblogin page using html-codes, for example like this:

Headline: Welcome to our <font color="red">guest</font>-network!

Message: You need a valid <font color="blue">user</font> to login.

Now with AireOS 8.0 this doesn't work anymore. When I try to set a headline or message with font-tags I get "Error while setting headline." (or "...message.") when I hit apply. I have to remove the font-tag to save the weblogin page.

#CLIWEB-6-CLIWEB_INVALID_HTML_TAGS_USED: [PA] cli_web_api.c:1748 The Customization message field has invalid html tags
#CLIWEB-6-CLIWEB_INVALID_HTML_TAGS_USED: [PA] cli_web_api.c:1663 The Headline field has invalid html tags

So, how can we now set different font colors/styles like in previous releases? Using external or uploading selfmade pages is not an option.

Thanks,

Chris

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since your using code to change the default internal portal page look, its better for you just to create a custom webauth and upload that to the WLC.  That is how I do my implementations as its easier for me to create a new page than trying to mess around with the internal page.  As you can see, Cisco can change the way things work in every version.  It might just be the fact that they no longer are allowing html code to be inserted in the default webauth/passthrough page.

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card