Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC and remote office

Arthur Rack
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question. I have WLC 4404. In local office it works fine. Now I want to add remote AP's to controler. I can't use HREAP because AP's dont support it. Remote office starts with RTR.

My idea is: to create VLAN 19 on rtr, make a small dhcp pool  from address which are not used by WLC (same addresation like on WLC) with option 138 10.10.11.10 should it work to connect AP's to controler ?

Thanks for any advice.

P.S. About link, I know it is only 10Mb/s but in about 2 monts we will buy a faster one so I dont worry about the traffic between WLC and AP's.

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would first connect the ap locally and have it download it's code, etc. then you can place it in the remote office. This way the ap already knows the ip address of the wlc.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hmm, good idea I can try it. There is a diffrent way without a drive to remote office ?  My idea is good ? should it Work ?

It should, but what are the ping times from one site to the other.  I have had very few clients try that and it works when the other site is not to far away.  It's just something you have to try and test.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Ok. I've did it but in diffrent way. I've made a new DHCP pool at remote rtr with DHCP option 43, must be in hex ! more information here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808714fe.shtml

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card