cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC date and time configuration

mario.anastacio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a problem with a 4402 Wireless LAN Controller running 7.0.116.0 versión. The equipment is working fine, but after a hard reset i lost date and time

configuration.No other configuration is affected, only date and time. What can be the cause of this?

20 Replies 20

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It should of been fine as long as you saved the configuration. I haven't seen the time and day change when I hard boot any wlc.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

The configuration was saved before the hard reset. I can also say that if i do a software reset on this controller, the configuration is retained, but every time i turn the switch off, this particular thing is lost.

Thanks

What model wlc? I have a 2006, 2106, 2504 & a 5508 with no issues.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Hi All,

I have a controller of 2504 with the system time badly configured......It's showing "Sat Jan 1 06:42:29 2000". How can I correct this date & time.

Thanks.

Hi All,

Have already reset the time.

Thanks.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hummm is there a battery on the board to keep the time ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

WLC4402 running version 7.0.116.0. I looked for a battery in a stock equipment and found nothing

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you mean "lost" do you mean you don't have an NTP configured?

That's correct, there are no NTP configuration

That's correct, there are no NTP configuration

If you don't have a valid NTP source, when the WLC reboots it reverts to default time.  I believe the WLC does not "remember" the time and date, hench the Cisco recommendation to configure an NTP source.  Failure to do so will cause the WLC to loose track and prevent the WAPs from joining the WLC in the future.

Well... I took off my NTP configuration on my 5508 and just shut the power off and left it off for a day.  I just booted it back on and the time is correct.  Who knows

-Scott

So, do you think this is a hardware problem? Because as you say, i have rebooted several controllers in the past and i have never seen this... I will test with an NTP configured, but if this is a hardware problem i have to take action

Thank you all

I don't know if its a hardware problem... I don't have a 4400 to test with.  Like Leo mentioned, if you do setup an NTP, the time will always sync to that no matter what.

-Scott

This looks like old post but we have a client right now (April 25, 2013) with similar problem but in WLC 5508. The date and time set back to January 1, 2000 whenever we turn the power switch off at the back of WLC. We have plenty of 5508 deployment but never encountered this problem until now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: