Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC DMZ licensing

Chris Illsley
Level 3
Level 3

Quick question:

If I were to put a WLC in a DMZ to act as an anchor for guest access, wireless primarily possibly wired later, as there are no APs connecting directly to the WLC I wouldn't need a high capacity WLC would I?  Bandwidth, processing power and number of SSIDs would be the limitations.

If sopme one could confirm that would be great.

thanks

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

You are most correct my friend

Here is a clip from a Cisco Training "White Paper"

"Guest access points do not have to be joined to the anchor controller. The most cost effective controller to use is the Cisco 4402 series controller. This controller can support up to 40 connections to foreign controllers, 2500 guest clients and provide two gigabits of forwarding capacity."

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

You are most correct my friend

Here is a clip from a Cisco Training "White Paper"

"Guest access points do not have to be joined to the anchor controller. The most cost effective controller to use is the Cisco 4402 series controller. This controller can support up to 40 connections to foreign controllers, 2500 guest clients and provide two gigabits of forwarding capacity."

Cheers!

Rob

Perfect, exactly I was looking for.

Thanks

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: