cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC MR code 6.0.0.188

Victor Fabian
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning to upgrade to this code and i wanted to know if anyone have experience any issues .

Thank you

Vic

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is pretty new as it only came out this week. Again, we had to upgrade to this code on a 5508 due to the 6.0.0.182 was not uploading a 3rd party certificate correctly. However, this was not an issue with the 440X or WiSM's.

I alway say to wait and see, unless you have issues with the code you are running. No reason to upgrade unless something is broken and even then, the new code might not even fix the issue or might even introduce new ones.

Just my thought.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I installed 6.0.188 on a pair of WiSM controllers and have 100+ APs running on it now. I upgraded from 4.2.207 and the upgrade went without any problem. The primary reason I moved quickly on this code is because it is supposed to address the problem with old Vocera badges connecting to 1252 access points. I will be upgrading 500+ APs on several other WiSMs in the next couple of weeks.

The B1000 badges are much better on 6.0.188.0 with the new CLI command "config 802.11b faster-carrier-tracking-loop enable". Badge to AP association seems to be faster and voice recognition appears to be more reliable on 1142/1252. Currently running 6.0.188.0 at 3 sites and will complete our migration at our two main Vocera sites next Thursday night.

Im bringing 4 WiSMs and 300 aps online next week and i appreciate the feedback.

I will report back if i see anything ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

This version was tested and has bug fixes from the previous 6.0.

This is the first maintenance release and I suggest anyone using 6.0 to upgrade to the MR.

To answer your initial quetion, the issues are listed under open caveats in the release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn6_0_188.html

what is going on with these caveats. Im concerned about the voice. Also the code is ED not MR?

Table 3 Major Open Caveats

ID Number

Caveat Title

CSCtc14910

AP 1140 not joinning WLC and logging tracebacks.

CSCtc22700

AP 1240 beacons getting disabled while probes enabled on WLC 6.0.182

CSCtc70615

AP1142 reset from watchdog timer expired

CSCtc70838

AP radio UP transmitting only beacons

CSCtc85444

WLC locks up on SNMP task when pushing AP Group template from WCS

CSCtc91469

Beacon stopped after much Voice traffic wre placed under a LAP.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With this new version did they fix the OTAP vulnerabilities yet?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card