cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC not pass DHCP past bridged units

Roger Smith
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WLC 5508 with LWAP 1242 with wireless bridges connected to the APs I cannot get DHCP to pass through the bridge to the PC connected to the bridge.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Some third-party WGBs need  to operate in non-DHCP relay mode. If problems occur with the DHCP  assignment on devices behind the non-Cisco WGB, use the following  commands:

config dhcp proxy disable

config dhcp proxy disable bootp-broadcast disable

The default state is DHCP proxy enabled.

the above commands introduced from 7.0.116.0.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what type of device is your wire'ess bridge?  is it configured to be a universal workgroup bridge?  Do you have the passive client feature enabled? (requires 7.0 code)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0/configuration/guide/c70wlan.html#wp1391015

HTH,
Steve

-----------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks for the reply let me update the code and i'll get back to you.

I turned that on that did not help the bridges are HP ProCurve M111 Client Bridge

Some third-party WGBs need  to operate in non-DHCP relay mode. If problems occur with the DHCP  assignment on devices behind the non-Cisco WGB, use the following  commands:

config dhcp proxy disable

config dhcp proxy disable bootp-broadcast disable

The default state is DHCP proxy enabled.

the above commands introduced from 7.0.116.0.

That fixed it thanks for the help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: