Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC recommended version for 802.11n

jeremy.renard
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have to set up a wireless network using 802.11n. I was wondering if the 4.2 version is the best one? Is there any document that tells wich version to use depending on the the configuration we need to set up, for example?

jr94

4 Replies 4

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

If you are going to stick with a 4.2 train I would go with 4.2.207.0.  That is the latest version of 4.2 which has the most bug fixes.  Just keep in mind if you are going to use 1140's you will need to run a 5.2 or 6.0 version since they were not supported until these versions.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Dan pointed out. ONLY 1252s will work on 4.2.x code!

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hello,

Thanks for your replies. I know that I will only be able to manage 1252 with that version, and it is the model of my AP, so it is ok. But I was wondering if I should better use 4.2 or another train of releases. As 802.11n has been released on 9/11, I do not know if 4.2 is the best one.

jr94

802.11n is supported on the 4.2.207.0, 5.X and 6.X firmware releases.  I personnally would stay away from the 5.X releases due to the amount of bugs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: