I have some puzzle for WLC's L2 LWAPP and L3 LWAPP
1, Is it right for the following depolyment:
4404 have 4 GE distribute port, For L2 LWAPP, on each corresponding port on switch, the first should be trunk, the last 3 should be access static port and each have different vlan id.
for L3 LWAPP, 4 GE ports all should be configured with trunk. And these ports are enabled with LAG by default?
2, according to CCO, With a Layer 2 LWAPP configuration, you should distribute access points across different vlan manually. Does that mean some AP should be terminated at AP-manager interface 1, and some at AP-manager interface 2; but how to configured it and how to deploy?
Is there the same question for L3 LWAPP?
3, what is advantage and disadvantage for L2 LWAPP and L3 LWAPP deployment. Anyone can provide some useful link for WLC's deployment?
1) you can use the GB ports separately or as bundle. It depends on you only. Management and dynamic VLANs can be put on individual ports natively without tagging or like a taged trunk. The switch has to have propper config too.
For example - you can bundle ports 1 and 2 like an Etherchannel and put there the management and ap-manager interface natively (VLAN ID 0). Switch must have the same Etherchannel as "switchport mode access".
Next you can bundle ports 3 and 4 and put there all dynamic interfaces (user VLANs) like a tagged trunk. Switch must have the same Etherchannel as "switchport mode trunk".
2) All AP communicates witch the controller through management subnet. If you use L3 mode, you can put them into the same one or into another. In the case of another subnet, routing must work properly.
3) definelly use L3 LWAPP, L2 has no advantages and I think it is obsoleted
1) for bundle, do I have to config two port on switch as GigaEthernetChannel? Are these two port must be "static access port"? If so, do I have just one AP-manager interface and one ip address for it? you say it is vlan ID 0, but how to configurate the vlan id 0?
2) if no ethernetChannel, do I have to configurate more than one AP-manager interface and give each one a ip address.
Transferring Crash file from standby: Login to the Active WLC in HA.
From CLI: (Cisco Controller) >transfer upload datatype crash (Cisco
Controller) >transfer upload filename (Cisco
Controller) >transfer upload mode tftp (Cisco Controller) >transfer
This is the start of a display filter cross reference between Wireshark
and OmniPeek. The 1st installment is a table of advanced filters. More
filters will be added as time allows. It is a living doc, so check back
for changes every so often Please feel f...
I have created a Powershell script to automatically add a Wireless Guest
User on Cisco WLCs. (tested on 2500 Series) The script should be
completely self explanatory. Prerequisites: Powershell SNMP Module
(Install-Module -Name SNMP) SNMP Write Access to y...